Thursday, August 30, 2007

Lucky Morning Session

This morning I was quite simply very lucky. I had been having network troubles and was not able to watch my position closely for several hours:

B EURUSD @ 1.3625
B EURUSD @ 1.3612
B EURUSD @ 1.3606
B EURUSD @ 1.3603
B EURUSD @ 1.3597

When I did finally get my network fixed, I was sitting pretty with:

S EURUSD @ 1.3650 (x5)

Wow, I'd just turned $100.33 into $121.03 in a morning. Can you believe the ~20% return on investment in such a short period of time? However, that means it is just as easy to burn that much money as well.

Anyway, I have to tell you, when I was watching my positions, seeing them all underwater at one point was a bit nerve-wracking. All I can say is that I watched the charts and felt the direction and then, by luck, hung on long enough to see it happen that way.

You'll notice that I'm not employing any "sophisticated" ordering strategies at this point. Beware, lucky novice at work!

No comments: