Friday, November 9, 2007

AUDJPY Thoughts

I'm still trading the AUDJPY.

I've learned that the Dow Jones and the AUDJPY have a correlation based on the fact that people borrow Japanese Yen to invest. You can watch the AUDJPY rise and fall as the Dow rises and falls.

Hmm, what else have I learned?

I've also learned that I have a tendency to get too heavily invested. I guess I'd be okay if I had a larger capitalization -- assuming I did not increase my position sizes by the same proportion. You see, as a corrective trend gets longer I'll often see opportunities and act on them, and then be left positions I view favorably, though I can't get rid of them without a loss unless I wait.

Blah blah blah. Good thing for me to realize about myself as perhaps it will let me slow the trigger a little bit.

What else, oh yes, charting. I've been looking at common chart patterns, and have started to see them happen... and what do you know, at times I can make a prediction, for a reason, and watch it unfold. It's very exciting to see an opportunity, pull the trigger, and watch the pips roll in.

No comments: