Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Where To Go From Here

While I'm getting fairly comfortable with my ability to trade I'm not sure what to do with my blog.

To make my blog really useful to others I'd have to spend a fair amount of time on it. Perhaps post charts and so forth with explanatory text. Heck, I have trouble finding time to blog at all given the duties of my full time job, some hobbies, family responsibilities and finally watching the markets when I get a chance.

On the other hand, it's possible that I could generate "opportunity alerts" in some type of semi-automated fashion. I could neglect to make a prediction on direction but simply post to the blog when a key price point had been reached. The value of this is that other traders could fire up their trading platform, analyze the situation, and take a position without having to wait around for something interesting to happen.

Then, one the other hand, if I'm able to do that, why don't I go out and make some type of expert advisor (though I don't trade with a broker that uses that type of trading platform) and let it do my trades for me.

No comments: