Saturday, December 29, 2007

Unplanned Forex Setback

Well, things have gone poorly just lately. Not because of anything that I've been responsible for, but because I was the recipient of an "insufficient funds" check. As the money I was planning to use over the holiday period was rudely removed from my account I was forced to withdraw a large portion of my Forex account.

I'm quite peeved!

Especially since I had some good in-profit positions protected by a stop loss. After I had to unload for a small profit the market continued to rise for a couple of days. Of course, if I was still in during the Thursday evening sell-off, I would have been taken out for sure, it still would have been at a higher profit level.

Oh well. There isn't much I can do about it. As it is, I'm searching for a job and hoping to soon be playing the Forex in a serious way. Up until now I have only been working with an extremely small capitalization. Upon resuming my career, which I expect to happen early in the new year, I'll be able to accumulate a reasonable stake and put my recent "education" to work.

No comments: