Thursday, February 19, 2009

Automated Forex Trading Robot

I've signed up for a second account. This one is at a broker that uses a dealing desk and an MT4 based trading platform.

Why?

Because I write software for a living. Because I sometimes have a decided lack of discipline. Because my life is stressful and I don't need to be glued to my screen worrying about charts, margins and limits.

No, really, it's because I'd like to think that I can create a program, known as an expert advisor (EA), that will watch the markets for me 24x5 and eek out money with ruthless disregard to extraneous factors. No need to sleep. No need to eat. No ability to be distracted by anything at all.

A mindless devotion to price action, indicators, and limits. No if's, and's or but's allowed.

Perhaps I'll have the time and energy to put something together this weekend?

UPDATE: Also, an automated system won't select the wrong currency or the wrong trade size because it is in a hurry to get to the bathroom!

No comments: