Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Ongoing MT4 Development

As I develop and test more expert advisers I see just how tricky it is to translate common sense into a series of hard and fast rules.

In short, my adviser does stupid things!

When I trade Forex on my own I'll combine a "feel" for the current situation along with some technical indicators. For example, in recent times, if something funny is going on, then the market I'm trading almost always takes an extended dive.

Basically, every time the world goes into a micro-panic things head south.

Anyway, when I program a set of rules I find it will do stupid things. It will not take into account these "feel" issues that let a person "read" the market. The same cold hard logic that has me enticed happens to be a double edged sword.

Anyway, as I mentioned before, I'm a programmer by trade so hopefully I'll figure something out.

No comments: