Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Forex Robot Wars

As you can see by my last few posts I've had a couple of trading robots slugging it out for the last few days.

I'm happy to announce that the latest robot has absolutely thrashed my initial robot. Here are the recent earnings for this week:
    Sun 0.19%
    Mon 3.23%
    Tue 3.16%
    Wed 3.26%
Obviously, I'm going to retire the previous robot, which earned at an average pace of approximately 0.5% per day, and allocate it's funds to the newer robot.

The next question is... can I find ways to improve this robot's operation? I'll have to think about that.

UPDATE:

I do have an improvement idea. Basically, use the trading and positions of one account to act as signals for another account. This way you can spot the inefficiencies in one and adjust for them with another -- while coding for them directly might require much more effort.

I foresee a second robot that would open less positions but at a higher rate of risk. It could potentially have better performance characteristics based on what I'm seeing happen on my charts.

Maybe I'll dub this concept "meta-robot" in the event that I eventually build it and post about it.

No comments: