Sunday, April 19, 2009

AUDJPY: Weekend Analysis

If you've been following along you'll notice that I keep mentioning that I am long term bullish on the AUDJPY.

One of the reasons is that I think we've seen the worst of the panic and risk aversion. Another reason is that I think we're now closer to a recovery and following period of economic expansion than a lot of people expect.

Given these two thoughts, and the following chart, it's easy to see why I expect a slow return to higher AUDJPY prices;


However, what appears to be a large double bottom over a period of months does little to tell us what the price will be doing in the short term. The following 3HR chart shows us that we might be at a critical juncture:


The resistance line is spot on since early March. The support line is a bit spottier and appears to be in the midst of being tested. If you've kept your powder dry this might be a good time to figure out how to play upcoming moves over the next week.

Flipping to the one hour we see the consolidation trend that I was talking about at the end of last week:


Given my overall expectation of a long term upward trend, and the fact that the lower line in the 1HR has been active for a couple months, I'm apt to speculate on a new leg in the upward journey.

Don't forget, if you make big bucks because of my blog, feel free to hit the donate button. If you lose your shirt, you are on your own! ;)

No comments: