Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Every Day Feels Like Sunday Baby

I don't know if you'll remember it, but there was a commercial on CNN a while ago that had this song. It would talk about stocks, making money and how great trading the NASDAQ was. Something like that anyway.

Well, when the markets are moving in your favor, every day feels like Sunday.

Yes, indeed, my pip grinding slogfest has been ongoing since Friday, but things have improved so much since then that I've recovered all my original losses and have been pocketing "here a pip, there a pip" at all hours of the day and night.

For example, at 3:00am, I'm catching an upswing or topping up during a short term downturn in a strong trend (e.g. AUDUSD).

Anyway, I don't want to give the impression that this is easy. It goes against every instinct in your soul when you see your positions dropping, your margin reaching dangeroud levels, and candlestick after candlestick dripping red. Stop loss strategies or not, at some point you need to be able to jump into the tide and try to start swimming... and you will have to wonder if every correction is the start of another onslaught.

Oh my, wherefore art thou precious capital?

I guess if I wasn't playing around with an extremely leveraged (200:1) tiny account with hardly any funds that life would be easier. However, do I have the discipline to not get into situations of margin mismanagement? Can I jump into a larger balance? What about opening up multiple accounts in order to segrate risks or risk strategies to appropriate capital levels?

Anyhow, I'm happy to be crawling out of the basement, but I want to try and capture the raw emotions, the ups and downs, that trading can evoke.

No comments: