Thursday, September 27, 2007

USDCAD Once Again

Okay, I think it is nearly safe to say that the USDCAD has hit bottom.

Heh, actually, it's probably not safe to say, but it has certainly found some support at and above the 0.9950 level. I think that the downward pressure from speculators has now eased.

I also think the downward jump has been overdone.

However, assuming I'm right, and I'm finding that often I am, I don't know how long it will take before the elusive traders and speculators our there will change their opinions. It could be months before anything significant happens.

I'm playing a long swing trade on the USDCAD. I expect the Canadian dollar to return to normal levels once everyone focuses their attention on other areas. Perhaps this will happen when one or two signs of strength show up in news reports from US sources.

No comments: